Private Kayak & Paddle Board Lessons
Paddling is a fun and healthy way to connect with nature when you know the proper techniques and safety basics. Join one of WPWA’s American Canoe Association certified instructors for a 3 hour private lesson tailored to you and up to 4 friends. After the class you will have the confidence you need to explore this Wild & Scenic watershed on your own.
If you join our membership at the Trout Level, you can borrow our paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, and all the gear you’ll need, at no cost, all year long! WOW!
The cost for this popular private class is $175 and includes a kayak, canoe or paddleboard and all the required gear that you and your 4 friends will need.
Call one of our friendly staff members today at 401-539-9017 to learn more and schedule your introduction to paddling.
Private Guided River Paddles
Let us take you on a private paddle along one of the watershed's Wild & Scenic rivers! We will work with you to customize a paddle adventure tailored to your ability. Our trained guides will outfit you and up to 9 of your friends with all the equipment you will need. You and each of your guests with be paired with one of our paddleboards, single or tandem kayaks, or canoes for an experience you will never forget. Call our friendly staff today at 401-539-9017 to learn more and start building the perfect paddle experience.
The Guided Paddle Advantage
For the same per-person cost as our public paddles, you get to decide where, when, and who will join you on your adventure. The rest of the work will be left to our experienced staff. Whether you're looking to take a lazy paddle down a calm river, a vigorous workout, or a spooky night paddle…we'll outfit you.
On our most popular guided paddle ($330) your group will launch from our campus in Hope Valley, RI where we will introduce you to the serene Wood River and its iconic Frying Pan Pond. There are so many other special places elsewhere in the watershed and we will be happy take you there as well. The average cost for these guided offsite adventures is $660.
* First time paddlers and children 10 or younger must be joined in their boat by an experienced paddler
* Personal floatation devices (provided) and footwear (not provided) are required.
Our friendly staff will work with you to schedule your special half day experience. We have a variety of single person kayaks, tandem kayaks, paddleboards and canoes and we provide life jackets, paddles, and safety gear. If you would like to schedule an offsite trip, some shuttling of people will be required by you, but WPWA will transport your boats and gear.
Private Introductory Paddleboard- SUP Lesson
Have you been thinking about trying stand-up paddleboarding but didn’t know how to get started? Why not go for it? Experience the basics on land before going out on the calm waters of the Wood River to try out your new skills.
Contact Kassi Donnelly to schedule your private paddleboard lesson for you and up to four of your friends. For $150 you and your guests will be provided a knowledgeable instructor, paddleboard, paddle, life jacket and an experience you’ll remember for a lifetime.
For More Information Contact: Kassi Donnelly: [email protected], 401-539-9017
- If you cancel at least a week prior to the event then you will get a full refund.
- If you cancel less than a week (but more than 48 hours) before an event you will get a coupon good for the full amount of what you paid. This coupon can be used for future event registrations, purchasing guidebooks and other products from us, and new memberships.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before an event or fail to show up for an event no refund will be given
- If we cancel the event due to inclement weather or other events beyond our control you will get a coupon good for the full amount of what you paid. This coupon can be used for future event registrations, purchasing guidebooks and other products from us, and new memberships.